Pink Vulkit

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2
Next ->
Phoenix
User
437 posts
Beach Ball Fresh Lemonade Beach Ball

Hello and welcome to Verpets' Summer Art Contest! I'm very excited to continue this tradition of seasonal contests and I hope you are, too! I'd like to go over some rules, first and foremost as well as the announcement of the new theme!

As mentioned in the News Post, all entries are to be submitted to me through Vercomm by July 31th 11:59PST VPT! There will be no acceptance for late submissions so make sure to mark your calendars now! We'll be doing our very best to remind users that the contest is drawing to a close, but you should always be better safe than sorry!

Each seasonal contest will contain a theme! The Summer 2015 theme is Day at the Beach! This means that whatever is entered and submitted to me must somehow contain and/or reference what you imagine yourself or your pet doing if they got to spend the day soaking up the sun (or trying their best to avoid a sunburn)! Any entries that do not contain the theme in some way will be disqualified.

Along with the new themes, all artwork, pictures, writing, etc...Must be new! Please do not reuse old work; there is more than a month's time to submit entries into this contest and therefore all work should be as current as of Summer!

In total, there are four categories. Photography, Digital and Traditional Artwork, Writing, and Profile Coding! Are you a jack of all trades? Worry not, there is not a limit on how many categories you may enter! However, users may only be eligible for one prize.

Once your entry is submitted (to me, Phoenix , through Vercomm) you will not be allowed to change it unless a serious issue has been found and approval has been granted! So please, take your time on all your work and make sure its perfect before you decide to submit!

Depending on how popular (or...lack-there-of in popularity) the categories are subject to change! So make sure you enter, your friend enters, and refer somebody new to the site to enter as well! The amount of entries determines how many prizes we can give out, so the more the merrier in this case!

For these new contests, staff members are allowed to enter (I'm looking at you!) however, to promote a fair voting environment, any staff member entered into the contest will be ineligible to vote or provide feedback on potential winners.

And above all, please make sure to treat all users here on Verpets with the utmost respect. These contest are a means to showcase what wonderful talent we have here at Verpets as well as to encourage new users to sign up and experience all what this site has to offer! Our greatest pride of our site is how wonderful you all are.

Now onto the fun!

As mentioned in the News Post there are to be prizes given for the first, second, and third place entries in each category. However, there is the return of the grand prize! To be eligible for this prize, your entry needs to already be placed first in their respective category. And the prize? Well...its pretty super!

Even if your entry didn't win you'll still be up for some amazing consolation prizes! Remember, the amount we give out all relates to how many people enter, so make each count!

And as always, if you have any questions or concerns send them over to me and I will be more than happy to help.

Last edited, Jun 29th 2015 @ 3:45 pm
Pain
User
1,331 posts
Can our work be submitted with a personal watermark to keep it from being stolen?
Phoenix
User
437 posts
Of course!
Ambrose
User
4,512 posts
I've been wondering, would an avatar be acceptable in the art category or no? I just wanted to check in case it was.
Ambrose's Avatars
verpets.com/go/0mwx

Phoenix
User
437 posts
It would classify as Digital art and would therefore be acceptable!
Ambrose
User
4,512 posts
Alright, now since most avatars would use images from Ver and not made by the entrant, would that still be ok? Since usually only the effects/animation etc. would be done by the entrant.
Ambrose's Avatars
verpets.com/go/0mwx

Phoenix
User
437 posts
That would be fine as long as you use Verpet's images!
Pain
User
1,331 posts
Any idea when this is getting judged? I'm fairly eager to see the Fall theme honestly. XD
Phoenix
User
437 posts
Winners will be announced tomorrow and a new theme in the coming week! I'll be taking suggestions again like last time as well.
Pain
User
1,331 posts
Oh yay~ Fall is my favorite season so I'm really excited! Theme suggestions?
Page: 1 2
Next ->
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -