Peach Berpunny

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2
Next ->
Phoenix
User
437 posts
Enchanted Sakura BlossomsPink Origami FlowersEnchanted Sakura Blossoms

Hello and welcome to Verpets' First Spring Art Contest! I'm very excited to announce the return of seasonal contests here. I'd like to go over some rules, first and foremost, and then get to the fun part! The prizes!

As mentioned in the News Post, all entries are to be submitted to me through Vercomm by May 30th 11:59PST Ver-time! There will be no acceptance for late submissions so make sure to mark your calendars now! We'll be doing our very best to remind users that the contest is drawing to a close, but you should always be better safe than sorry!

Each seasonal contest will contain a theme! The Spring 2015 theme is Cherry Blossoms! This means that whatever is entered and submitted to me must somehow contain and/or reference Cherry Blossoms. Any entries that do not contain the theme in some way will be disqualified.

Along with the new themes, all artwork, pictures, writing, etc...must be new! Please do not reuse old work; there is more than a month's time to submit entries into this contest and therefore all work should be as fresh as Spring!

In total, there are four categories. Photography, Digital and Traditional Artwork, Writing, and Profile Coding! Are you a jack of all trades? Worry not, there is not a limit on how many categories you may enter! However, users may only be eligible for one prize.

Once your entry is submitted (to me, Phoenix , through Vercomm) you will not be allowed to change it unless a serious issue has been found and approval has been granted! So please, take your time on all your work and make sure its perfect before you decide to submit!

Depending on how popular (or...lack there of in popularity) the categories are subject to change! So make sure you enter, your friend enters, and refer somebody new to the site to enter as well! The amount of entries determines how many prizes we can give out, so the more the merrier in this case!

For these new contests, staff members are allowed to enter (I'm looking at you!) however, to promote a fair voting environment, any staff member entered into the contest will be ineligible to vote or provide feedback on potential winners.

And above all, please make sure to treat all users here on Verpets with the utmost respect. These contest are a means to showcase what wonderful talent we have here at Verpets as well as to encourage new users to sign up and experience all what this site has to offer! Our greatest pride of our site is how wonderful you all are.

Now onto the fun!

As mentioned in the News Post there are to be prizes given for the first, second, and third place entries in each category. However, this time around, there will be another prize. A grand prize of all prizes! To be eligible for this prize, your entry needs to already be placed first in their respective category. And the prize? Well...its pretty super!

Even if your entry didn't win you'll still be up for some amazing consolation prizes! Remember, the amount we give out all relates to how many people enter, so make each count!

Wait...you want to know what the prizes are? Hrm well...I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say...give me some time and I'll see what I can find! After all...good things come to those who wait, right?

And as always, if you have any questions or concerns send them over to me and I will be more than happy to help.
Last edited, Apr 28th 2015 @ 4:08 pm
Ambrose
User
4,512 posts
Is there a word min/max for the writing portion?
Ambrose's Avatars
verpets.com/go/0mwx

Phoenix
User
437 posts
While we're going to try and not impose limitations, as long as the entry is not too long (under 500 unless you really want to write a novel) and following some sort of poetry format, such as a haiku, there's not a minimum! Unless you just write, "Cherry Blossom" three times and then we might have to re-evaluate said entry..
Carl
Admin
565 posts
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
QueenKami
Artist
599 posts
Are staff allowed to join ;;u;;

I always enjoy art contests but understand if I'm not allowed to participate.
Phoenix
User
437 posts
Yes yes yes!! Staff are allowed to join! You won't be able to vote for winners but you can most certainly join!

Also. Carl. No. NO.
QueenKami
Artist
599 posts
I was just about to come back and edit my post, I saw that in the front page news. xD Guess my eyes derped on me. :D

But okie dokie~ Looks like I'll have to be comin' up for somethin soon~

-Carl wins by a landslide-
BBChild
User
1,406 posts
Sounds fun, I'll have to get an entree together! C:

Expect the best, prepare for the worst.
Pain
User
1,331 posts
I don't see any limitations on amount of entries that can be submitted per category. May we submit multiple works within one category?
Phoenix
User
437 posts
Mmm, right now I'm going to say to attempt to limit each entry for one per category. However, I'm going to talk to Exile and see if there should be any exceptions made for certain categories, or overall! So let me get back to you on that, Pain!
Page: 1 2
Next ->
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -