BlindToph
User
4 posts
AIRSOFT: WHY MOM SHOULD TOTALLY BUY IT FOR ME

•Will help me get stronger
•Will help me have a better understanding of gun control and gun safety
•Will keep me out of the house longer
•Will not hurt/harm me
•Will assist me with concentration (probably not but I'm desperate)

Airsoft is not a violent game teaching people how to kill each other. Just because it looks realistic and doesn't shoot a foam dart doesn't mean it's some crazy BB gun. Airsoft guns will NOT change me in anyway negatively; in fact, it will most likely assist me. Having an airsoft gun will help me understand the dangers of actual guns. without needing to own real one. Airsoft is a recreational sport/game/activity/hobby that many people are interested in. My friend Daniel even knows about them. Airsoft guns can be cheap and quality. Airsoft is a fun and safe way to feel the intense feeling of being in a battle or war; it's like a way to connect with how a soldier feels. It can also be used for target shooting. I wouldn't play airsoft games until I was older. I would only use my airsoft gun with your permission and/or your presence unless you allow me to do it alone.

Since you think of them as guns, you won't buy them, yet you've bought me several other guns such as nerf guns. I even got that rubber red dart shooting gun that looked realistic. If the idea of airsoft guns being replicas of actual ones, then I think you just need to accept it. It's a really bad reason for you NOT to get me one meanwhile look at all the positive things there are if you DO get me one. I know you've told me you don't want to talk about it and that I'm too young, but that's also a really bad reason. Avoiding the subject will not help anyone. Telling me I'm too young isn't great, either. I really don't have the patience to wait 7 more years to be able to buy it without your permission, Mom! I've shown you lots of things and videos and polls and even got you a book about it yet you won't budge. I'll wait until Thanksgiving if I have to! I'm begging you mom!
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
Hazmat
User
116 posts
I agree that it will help you have a better understanding of gun control and safety. I would build on that section a bit more, perhaps do a little bit of research and put it in your essay as well.
Maybe ask if she will allow you to take some safety classes before you get the airsoft gun? Even a hunter's safety class could teach you a lot about gun safety, even if it's just airsoft and you won't be hunting, it could benefit you and give your mom a little piece of mind.
You can always try to settle on a middle ground with one another. (:

BlindToph
User
4 posts
Thanks, Hazmat! I'll take your advice for sure!
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
Page: 1
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -