White Antorg

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4
<- Prev
Cherrii
User
Online!
826 posts
I just had an idea about the voodoo color...

Say we get a new Prehistorae/Voodoo color that involves going down into the caves again. Max already asks for VP for Nightflower quests, maybe he gets greedier and asks for more VP to fund artifact quests? You would have to collect 5 artifacts in order to unlock the Voodoo color for 1 pet. The artifacts wouldn't be items but would be held with Max for safekeeping (to keep them unavailable with VC), and the Voodoo color wouldn't have an actual changer. The pet would wear all 5 artifacts which would change their color then turn to dust, making you have to go through the VP quests again to get another Voodoo pet.

This method would make it hard to move around Voodoo bases, and influence the VC demand for them, which I'm not sure would outweigh the possible VP sink but at least it's an idea to start with.

If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.
― C.S. Lewis
Yuiko
User
1,102 posts
I like the idea of there being something new we can sink our VP into. A new color as a VP sink sounds cool!

"When was the last time any of you actually spent verpoints on something that wasn't a name change, release, or a passing interest in an item that was kind of pretty?"

Honestly, I think the only time I have spent VP in the past couple of months have been for filling in my collections (which it'd be cool if something was implemented to where long retired items could pop up once in a blue moon for people who missed them). ):

"There's hardly incentive for other people to try pet cravings unless they need the changer too. They become too costly for something you probably won't ever get. ;u;"

This is exactly why I did the craving thing once or twice, then never again (unless someone was specifically searching, and I had a pet they were after). @@ Now I generally wait to see if someone is selling it if I need it, or wait. xD

Shame
Elite User
Online!
2,316 posts
@Cherii Maybe, though right now I think rather than another color you get by questing, we need a flat out buyable one. Maybe something you get from one of the lesser remembered shops. Like I said, Ver now has plenty of colors and species obtainable through questing. We need a VP sink desperately

That's another thing actually. Instead of using up more of the map to make new places, there are certain already existing places I'd like to see padded out. I hardly ever go to the Beach for things since it only has three things on it. Perhaps to match the Spring Color, we could have a Summer color obtainable somehow from the Beach, either adding a new hotspot or using an existing one.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Bunni
User
217 posts
Voodoo sounds like such a cool concept for the prehistoric pets. Another thing I could think up for them is fossilized pets. Being skeletons or warping forms into something more so ancient looking sounds like it could be really cool.

I am not too fond of spring skins on those beside the punny, as they are far too specific and if one wanted to overlay with it, it would need be a spring and egg design. What if there was a separate quest line from Livi. One to get a more so royal appearance to the memoria. A royal memoria colour, as they are known to be of high holding.
For the Stardust babes, what if we actually made something more of a solar colour for them?
As the giblets have their special and fitting colours, I think these should as well.

As for the rest of the pets, I think an elemental idea for them would be absolutely awesome. Fire, wind, water, earth, and anything else.
Some more ideas as follows;
Steam punk - More robotic and old style
Holidays - Candy skulls, heart seeking equivilents, I think chinese new year would be awesome
Evolved - Sort of like digimon as this colour could further alter a pets stats and make it look crazy cool in the coliseum
A general solar idea could be cool
There are far more in mind but they are rather specific ideas >\<
Carl
Admin
635 posts
If you have any issue you would like us to look into please do get in touch either directly or through the support tickets. We have extensive logs and try to uphold the rules as much as we can.

Art related matters are Exiles area so I don't have an awful lot to say about that.

The staff... Joe isn't inactive, I talk to him almost daily about Ver and other things. He has handed me Ver to look after so he won't sign in all too often. I however recently broke my hand and haven't been able to type so things are moving a lot slower than planned.
We are looking for additons to the artist team as a few of our artists have become quite inactive. If you have an artist application please send them to Exile and she will go through it all with you.
Moderators aren't a priority as we don't have much to moderate, but I don't rule out bringing someone on board in that position.

I welcome suggestions from you guys on how we can improve Ver and what you would like to see, we have the suggestion forum for you to tell us. I don't always respond to the topics but they all get read and considered.

Bugs and glitches that you guys don't report to us can't get fixed, I check the bugs forum a lot to make sure nothing else has cropped up. I'm sure there are bugs around that are in really old topics, but I don't know which ones are which so please make new topics if there are bugs that you want fixed.

I'm very tired so I have probably missed something to respond to yawn if I have, I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have for me, post them here or Vercomm me if you'd rather. :)
Shame
Elite User
Online!
2,316 posts
I think maybe having a moderator on might improve the look of the site from the outside. Also, I'd personally like to see the shoutbox cleaned up from time to time. As inactive as things get there, nobody ever checks the other rooms and sometimes it gets a bit spammy from random users posting in the wrong boxes. As long as it doesnt take resources away from the site (and since mods are volunteers I don't see it doing such) I'd like to see Ver having an extra person to go to if there is an issue. Especially since, as you said, you've recently hurt your hand and I imagine typing can be a huge pain.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Bunni
User
217 posts
That would definitely be a good addition to have.
Yuiko
User
1,102 posts
If a new moderator is being looked for in the future, perhaps have a news post asking for people to submit an application? You can have questions such as how long someone is usually on in a day/week, what time zone, etc. Perhaps have a few example questions of "this is happening, what would you do?", too. I'm sure there would be many people who want to help, so that'd be a good way to see who would be best for the job.

Oreo
User
96 posts
I came to Verpets ... forever ago. I've been on a few petsites in my time and well, Verpets has this charm thats hard to ignore. I wish there was something to be done to bring my activity, to breath life into the economy instead of having new years coming in to nothing and old users keeping everything, and inactive users holding things that could be useful.

I haven't been part of the drama. I tend to keep to myself, but really. We should move past it and not allow it to taint our views or others views of a place we all want to continue to call home.

Jack
User
286 posts
it's kind of like the job market offline, lolol

Seriously though, there need to be more account clearings. Perhaps not as many accounts can be deleted at once, but there are still so many inactive accounts from 8 years ago with wonderful names and pets rotting on them. If there was another purge it could not only help Verpets rake in more cash, but it would also give current users (old and new alike) more chance to achieve pets they like but perhaps couldn't get otherwise.
Page: 1 2 3 4
<- Prev
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -