Viral Panju

Login or Register to find one!
Exile
Admin
Online!
1,115 posts
I just thought I should pop in here to clear up a few things after noticing the last few posts!

In regards to artwork: The site doesn't really have a discernible style any more as, as many have noticed, we have far too many styles coming in and out to really have a set style. Honestly the site hasn't really ever had a set style to begin with, which I feel is a good thing as it adds diversity and keeps people on their toes when it comes to new additions - both in the item and pet department

Usually when we speak about site style nowadays its not so much about how your artwork looks but specific requirements that we look for. Line art, shading, being able to work with various types of items and things of that nature. If an artist is unable to meet those requirements, then we usually point out where the issue(s) lie and give them a chance to try again and work with us before we make a decision on whether they are or are not able to make team.

There are still sometimes (although very rarely) cases where we do bring up style as there are some styles that just wouldn't be able to fit into the site even with the diversity we already have. Usually its in cases where the art may be too realistic, for example.

As for suggestions and other things; we are always open to them and will gladly take a look at any and all suggestions! We are here to lend an ear and listen to what the community has to say, and even if you cannot come to voice your opinions to us directly, you're always welcome to post suggestion topics. Although we are not always vocally present on every suggestion topic, Carl and myself are around keeping an eye on them and discussing things we see to get a good idea of what we could work with and whether or not we can implement it.

The main thing is communication! We love to hear what the community has to say, although like Shame pointed out before, we cannot tell what people are wanting or thinking until they come forward about it. I'm hoping that with Shame working on the new review, it'll also help give us a good idea of what the community would like to see and give us a lot to think about.

As long as things remain civil, I'll keep this topic open for further discussion. ♥

Shame
User
2,287 posts
I was recently talking with Night about ways to reimplement Ibo and change some things that were annoying on the site.

The idea was that Ibo would ocme back, but instead of selling pet changers, he can (for a price) reshuffle the items your pet craves. Beyond that he could sell "Pet essence" which could be used as bait to lure certain pets via the explore feature.

That or you could quest for it. Say you want to get a Kaikou essence. Similar to how the Lava monster only asks for items with the word fire or hot (etc) in them, Ibo would then ask for four items with the word Kaikou in it.
Last edited, Jun 6th 2016 @ 5:19 am
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Lucifer
User
2,720 posts
Hmm, those are good ideas, but they also seem... still time consuming and like they'd be ultimately costly, especially when there's not enough users on the site to really keep prices low on items.
I rather prefer simplicity where things will be faster and less exasperating. ;o; It may be fun for 1-2 times, but after that, I'd prolly want to die. lmao
Shame
User
2,287 posts
The site desperately needs more money sinks though. Verpoints are ultimately worthless at this point. There is no real need to use it on most items, and half the time we buy anything it's from a user shop for the purpose of shop questing. The only time I've spent vp on anything I needed since coming back is for name changes and releases, and that's a really crappy sink I'd actually like to see changed.

Nobody takes verpoints as currency for anything. Only vercredits, bases, names, and art. Pets shouldnt be considered a more common currency than the main currency of the site.

At the moment, if you want a changer you check your pets, see if any of them are even possible to complete and then take a gamble with the odds not in your favor. After two tries you have to wait. Ibo's main purpose was pet changers, but since pets already drop changers it would be redundant to have him drop them to. So make it so you can quest more times or try and make an impossible set of cravings possible.

When was the last time any of you actually spent verpoints on something that wasn't a name change, release, or a passing interest in an item that was kind of pretty? Have you bought art with vp recently? Pets? It used to be that verpoints were a currency people wanted and needed. Heck at one time it was on pretty equal footing with vc.
Last edited, Jun 6th 2016 @ 5:43 am
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Demon
User
1,250 posts
I personally don't agree that VP is kinda useless - for example, mem quests. Hints get more expensive the higher level you get, at least from my observation. Some people are okay with VP offers as well.
However I do agree that it's definitely not all that common to see, and there needs to be some sort of fix for it. VP should be the main currency (other than vc - on basically any site with some currency you obtain via purchasing with IRL money, that currency is usually more wanted compared to the regular currency that you can earn via games and such.), and not just in passing thoughts, in actual use, too.
I feel like there needs to me more incentive to earn and spend - maybe some sort of "who earned the most vp this week/month?" event. I know people really love events. But that's just a suggestion, I know that could potentially create problems (as can everything, theres always risks involved with everything...and that's not me trying to defend the idea either.)
Pets being considered the more common currency than the main currency is potentially damaging to the sites economy.

Lucifer
User
2,720 posts
aa yes I'd like that too, Shame!!

Or even the higher chance of changer drops?
I know there's elite badges in the Cash Shop for pets but... that seems unrealistic to spend cash just to get, say, a kaikou changer you really need JUST to make a, for example, death pet work for your overlay or something.

The only reason I'd ever buy a pet elite badge for my pet is if I wanted strawberry puddings for my berpunnies ('cause puddings on their own are so expensive too) -- and even then, I'd need like, 1mil vp on hand to do its expensive cravings. ;u;
Shame
User
2,287 posts
But the amount is in no way on equal ground with how much you can make. Lets say Liv asks for 100k for a hint one day. Look in the shoutbox, Zeph is bemoaning the fact she only make 350k today. 100k is nothing in the grand scheme. If she asked for 100k every single time she asked for a hint, then maybe that would be something else... but even then, not everyone quests or gardens.

More money is coming into the economy than going out, and that is a problem.

Vc will always be more desired, but it shouldnt be more common. Look at other sites. Take Flight Rising for example, while gems are a desired currency, treasure is used all over to buy clothing, buy dragons, buy art, etc. While the premium currency has more value due to demand, it doesnt make treasure less common. For site with somewhat stable economies, this is the usual pattern.

I'm also not entirely sure I see the point in spending just to spend. That would be like billionaires throwing dollar bills into the fire and laughing at their riches. I'd rather make use of verpoints than throw them away for bragging rights. We need more items and features of importance that users will want that rely on vp rather than vc. Right now the only thing eating away at my bank account is switching names and bases around, but once I finish with that, then I'm free to just keep on earning.
Last edited, Jun 6th 2016 @ 5:57 am
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Lucifer
User
2,720 posts
Since I don't do flower quests (there's a lot of seasonal seeds I can't get, and I'd need more plots for hybrids which means spending more cash on plots)

All of my vp, as Shame mentioned too, is also going into changing names around, releasing pets, and getting the changers are so hard I don't even bother. What would I need the stat boosts for anyway? They don't last forever and these other pets aren't my battle pets, even then, I'd only challenge what I know my battle pet can beat.

There's hardly incentive for other people to try pet cravings unless they need the changer too. They become too costly for something you probably won't ever get. ;u; So then there's no changer around for people who would rather spend 100k-150k than test their luck.

ALSO WITH THE WATERFALL--
What do you do when you have a brahlin essence thinger that costs $10 in the cash shop -- but there's no brahlins around to use it on? And none have shown up all day! XD
Could that be revised too? hahahaha
Last edited, Jun 6th 2016 @ 6:04 am
Demon
User
1,250 posts
I'm not saying VC should be more common.
In fact, it shouldn't be.
I'm just saying it's more wanted than vp.

And, like I said, it was just a idea.

Shame
User
2,287 posts
@Demon I'm not saying you were, I was pointing out the difference between something being common and something being desired.

Technically we already have incentives to spend in the occasional bi-weekly challenges.

@Lucifer Yeah... we need incentives to spend. Not bragging rights, true (virtually) tangible incentives.

I'd like to do away (or minimize) the charge for renaming and rebasing, simply because it's a bit ridiculous for the cost. If I want to make trinity's name capital without getting rid of her base, I'd need to spend 150k for a dummy name and then another 150k for her name back. Even if I did get rid of her base I'd be spending 50k on releasing. And why does releasing cost? According to Catfish it's because at the time we were catching pets simply to get changers and releasing them. This is true... but instead of making the cost abhorrently high, I'd rather just put a buffer on how long a new pet needs to stay in your account before being able to drop changers and put the price on something much more worth it. Getting rid of a pet shouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. Changing a pets name that I own to that of another name that I already own also should not cost me an arm and a leg.

What I would be willing to let cost me an arm and a leg is something I don't own but need to complete or do something that I'd like to have. A pet changer for example. It changes and adds something to my account. Another (once) good example? The kaikou totem piece. While totem pets are now rather useless, I've actually had to buy the kaikou piece a few times.

Perhaps another changer would solve a few problems? Lately our new colors and species are obtained through events or vc. As odd as it is to say (because most sites beg for event species) we need some more vp-only special colors. Perhaps new prehistorae colors? I recently saw on an old ver-artist's photobucket a voodoo gongong which looked amazing.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -