White Brahlin

Login or Register to find one!
Demon
User
1,250 posts
Ichi/Catfish was a admin along with a artist. Admins are the ones who accept/decline art, thus, it's highly likely that she was the one who accepted her stuff.

Bunni
User
217 posts
I know that all to well but that is another issue as that gives outside experienced pet site users the idea that certain areas of our team can do as they well so please to the site while others must do otherwise, the point still stands that there is official art on site that doesn't meet the current ideals of what is verpets style. I love Catfish, she was an idol for years and I was inspired to work to become an artist here because of her. But I think that with our current band of styles posted officially, not including our personal overlaid pets, we should give some individuality to each piece.

There is far more important stuff than artist team requirements and entree demands though, Demon. I had hoped that other portion would of been the highlight rather than style requirements... :S

~~~

Our site has been continuously handed off in the years. Despite many things, I have a well grown respect for our current standing admin, that Exile has involved herself as deeply as she has for this long. She has lasted longer than any of the others, but due to so many giving up or moving on, it's hard to finish anything they began. I have nothing but respect for her being able to hold the site up as she has despite the bad reviews, rude comments, and stressful happenings.

The site use to thrive, and whether it is the holidays or the sudden remembrance that the site exists, old users have shown to come back but only for a brief moment. Some aren't even allowed back for issues that shouldn't even be allowed on site, as I know a handful that break roughly upon privacy agreements we all agreed to follow upon signing up.

If we can put aside some things, perhaps we can better improve on the more important portion.

Our artist team is brilliant, we lack official moderation, we lack the welcoming committee that many new users beg for. I, myself, invited my aunt Rose and Luxx and had to help them through so much step by step. The FAQ is reasonable but does not allow an "other" inquiry.
I know Exile and Carl moderate, thus issues are dealt with in a manner hushed and quite reasonably understood. But we lack a based team to help, guide, fix, and tend to the site.
ALSO. I applaud Carl for doing so much on his own. I have not only seen him bust his rump tending to any break the site has, but even find the time to moderate the community beside Exile.

The site has never had a very large team, we have never had as many users as to have a boatload of official heads to guide and aid us. But, for future ideas; a team of those whom are truly dedicated to their jobs who will truly help the site will not only better the community but it could help the site's reputation.

I don't mean to say that we should hire anyone around... I felt quite shocked and confused when a custom item I ordered had to be handed off to a second artist because the first never replied. The second sent me a message, kept me enticed, even showed me different ideas of what I would like my item Musher to look like.
That is the two sides to what I mean. The first artist could of just been busy, real life is a thing. But to keep in mind the identity of what we need versus something that could be a weight, this is the message I wish to send across right now.

(It isn't just the artist team, I only used that as an example so please don't think I am throwing attacks. Merely sharing ideas, showing points of weak support, and hoping to better the site.)
Shame
User
2,287 posts
I have to disagree Veil. As long as we remain respectful towards one another with the intention of finding ways to help our site then it is only fair that we talk this out. The staff aren't mind readers. If you have something to say about the site, say it. How else are they to know if a large majority of the site has serious issues with a feature?

With permission from Exile and Carl, I'll be soon posting a questionnaire for Ver users on the forums. Despite my earlier statement, I have decided that I do want to make another Verpets review and I'd very much like everyones participation. This is our site and while we don't have a lot of power to actively change it we can work together to try and give staff a general direction to where we'd like things to move and show outsiders what it is we love about Ver, and yes... even some of the things we have issues with.

I repeat, I have gotten permission to go ahead with this plan, and as long as everyone is civil about it I would absolutely love as many user's voices as I can get.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Demon
User
1,250 posts
Basically in summary...
Go to the staff if you have issues. The member base may try to help, but the only way to get the issues solved is to bring it up to staff.

If you want change, start trying to implement it. We don't need a staff team for welcoming new members, everyone can do that themselves. It takes a village to raise things, and we are the village. Let's start raising.

Bunni
User
217 posts
That's just it. People either don't or do and more often than not will not get a response.
(That is what most of the topic has been about thus far.)

This whole message was so we could indicate what we need to implement.
Last edited, Jun 6th 2016 @ 4:40 am
Demon
User
1,250 posts
I get that, but, I gotta ask, why the art team comments earlier? That's not something that needs implementing, yo. It's already there.

Shame
User
2,287 posts
I'm pretty sure the issues they had with the art team was more about management and rules that are hard to follow. I've had a few friends who were trying out to be artists struggle to fit the "style" which is difficult to understand when there is no real discernible site style to see. Ink is no longer an artist, so would that make Jak's style the official site style? Will all of the previous work have to be redone to match this style? What about Arthur's style which is entirely different from both? Or are we ballparking here? If your art looks suitably cartoonyish with good anatomy, will that be enough?

I get it, it's difficult to want to help by lending your services when you aren't entirely sure which "style" you're supposed to emulate. Ver has had so many artists in and out that it's more a hodgepodge of styles in both pet art and item art, something I commented on to great extent in my former review.

A site style could be implemented. A solid style. So would-be artists could know what to shoot for.
Last edited, Jun 6th 2016 @ 4:54 am
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Bunni
User
217 posts
And as I said before, Demon, it isn't a primary issue. :/
Thus I tried to move conversation on in which it... did not?
Shame
User
2,287 posts
I'd like to see the games updated.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Lucifer
User
2,720 posts
I'd love more games, pet art, new colors added... |D I love looking at the pets.

I also think it'd be great if some of the stuff the site offers got a revising!
Like, how long it takes to find the right cave egg, then to hatch cave pets, how long it takes for them to grow...
And how hard it is to get pet species changers while on other sites, its very simple and cheap, but on here, it seems expensive, time consuming, and all about luck. ;u; Or, even if Ibo boxes came back to the cash shop, that'd be great!

I think the pet search system could use an update -- it can take forever trying to find the right pet and gender combo. Maybe you can bring a favorite food of that pet, and it'd be cheap, then use it and that pet will appear, then just keep doing that until you get the gender you want!
I've been on this site for 8 years I think, and dealing with this pet searching drives me a little nuts. XD
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -