there's nothing left
for us to remember

( DX It sucks. )
" TODAY I WILL BE HAPPIER THAN A BIRD WITH A FRENCH FRY! "
:heart:
Twizi
User
398 posts
My entry is exactly 546 words. Also if there is ANY thing i need to change let me know and i will.

As I look up to the distressed sky, I was trying to remember the things my mother told me before she died. With rain dripping off my brow, I took a deep breath and headed toward the hospital. With each of my footsteps echoing off the asphalt and the eerie sky glooming up above me, I thought about how it was such a superior day for my mother to die. My mind raced through my memories trying to grasp one of my most memorable moments with my mother. It was hard since we never really had one; we were always fighting and screaming at each other, but because we never came to an agreement with anything, I rued those moments now. I was closer to the ER doors; I couldn’t remember any memories at this point. Once I stepped through those doors, everything went by in a blur, tears were soon streaming down my face and I raced down the hall to my mother’s room, hoping that she really didn’t die and it was all a sick joke. Doctors and Nurses tried to stop me, they couldn’t. I scratched and bit until I got trough the human blockade. When I finally reached my destination, the lights were on dim and my mother’s IV was off, that machine that keeps track of her heart beat was in a straight line, and my mother’s body already out of the room. I screamed and ran to the bed that once caressed her body, the last thing to ever touch her and for her to ever feel. The nurses ran to my side with a syringe in one of their hands to calm me down. They were saying things that were supposed to do exactly what their drug was about to do. One nurse with bittersweet words rolling off her tongue, told me to have sweet dreams just as the drug was kicking in. I feel onto my knees slightly and I knew I lost this fight. I looked at the nurses just as I slumped over onto something soft. My dreams soon kicked in minutes later or what seemed like it. My mother was happier than I ever saw her, cheeks flushed with glee. Her arms were held out to me for a warm embrace. With tears stinging my eyes, I ran to her and gave the biggest bear hug I could and breathed in her scent of warm cinnamon. She knew I was crying on her shoulder and took me away from her and looked me in the eyes, “Now why are you crying dear?” I had absolutely nothing to say except three words we all knew well. She took me again in her embrace and the dream slowly faded. What seemed like merely minutes was a nine hour sleep. I awoke crying in the car, my mother driving. I stopped crying when I saw her look at me strangely. I gave her the biggest smile and hugged her. I knew she was smiling when she playfully said, “Hey watch it! I’m driving!” I giggled and she asked me what was wrong and what made me cry. Our drive to Florida turned into a dream speech. I was happy, even joyous that my dream never truly was existent.
suggestions to put here?
Dawn
User
1,425 posts
I FEEL LIKE JOINING, HRM HRM.

Put me down for a short story, plz.

(I may or may not actually submit an entry.)

I HOPE YOU AREN'T EOSOPHOBIC. 8U
VerpetsGhost
Official
0 posts
Originally posted by the user Sin, archived on Mar 7th 2017
You better submit, Donna, you bum. 8(

Also guys! Awesome stuff so far. 8D Keep on submitting shtuff. -hearts-
Dawn
User
1,425 posts
I'll submit if I feel like it!

-humphs-

I HOPE YOU AREN'T EOSOPHOBIC. 8U
caperlily
User
499 posts
Mind if I sticky this board, Sinnykins?

+CARPE DIEM+
VerpetsGhost
Official
0 posts
Originally posted by the user Sin, archived on Mar 7th 2017
Edited: Well gaiz, got until the end of today to post your entries. 8)

Last edited @ 11:07 am, may 31 by Sin.
FlowerMeadows
User
1,084 posts
Well, now there is the matter of no one voting for their favorite entry. :c
bobizawsum
User
110 posts
If I had looked at this a few days ago, I would have voted for FlowerMeadows. Great poem, very touching.

- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -