Orange Tabid

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 133
<- Prev Next ->
Foxy_Czechokee
User
1,445 posts
"We get down to the bottom of this," she started with a huff, "Remember that game I was telling you that my brother and I had played as pups? The stalking game? well I have a feeling that he is still playing it." She stopped for a moment, and looked back over her shoulder at Sol and then added, "And as it is a game of skill, we are going to have to use them to find him. Nikita then sniffed at the ground once more and began trotting once more in the right direction.

She was frustrated and a little hurt, to have been decieved by her closest friend for The Great Spirits only know how long. Her mind danced back to the past, when finally finding the trail of the other was satisfying and rewarding. Now it only sat like a rock in her stomach.

Miklos huffed and panted audibly as he tried endlessly to free himself from the tight nook. At this point, it was no longer a matter of convienacne, it was a matter of life or death. Not to mention there was no telling how soon the dens owner would be back home. After a few moments deliberation, he tucked his hind legs up into his stomach, and feebly tried to claw at the hard packed dirt that held his hips in place. Fortunately, they did not become ensnared in the tight space, leaving him truly helpless. Slowly but surely the dirt began to give way and he was able to breathe easier once more. 'If things continue like this then I will be out of this perdiciment in no time.' he thought to himself happily. 'Not to mention it may leave me just enough time to keep Niki from catching up with me...... though I doubt I will be that lucky...' he mused.

Each time her calloused pads hit the earth, Nikita grew more and more frustrated. This frustration caused her to push even harder, run even faster, and to pray even harder that she had mistaken the scent for that of another. This was not likely though, and she knew better than to wish it to be so. Every motion she made brought the scent forth stronger, and before she knew it, the smell was so overbearing that she knew it was time to cease. It was coming from what looked like a family of foxes den. Without delay she thrust her large head into the hole and sighed a sign of relief when there was nothing in it but an angry momma fox and three ferocious young kits.
Trpělivost ruže přináší

-Patience brings roses-

Sylvre
User
5,733 posts
Solstice kept up with Nikita only hanging back a little in case they needed to separate, so they wouldn't collide with one another. The scent Sol followed was getting stronger, but was still faint. if she didn't check the air or the ground once in a while she would lose it. "You have a brother?" Sol asked in an attempt at getting her friend to relax for even a little bit.

Foxy_Czechokee
User
1,445 posts
"Yes. I have several siblings, most of which are dead and gone by now....." she started. "My brother Miklos and I were quite close as youngsters though, inseperable." Her voice began to fade off, and her eyes fogged with tears. "The last time I saw him I was leaving the pack. He told me that I shouldn't go alone, not with my sight failing me. That doing so would get me killed." she laughed uncomfortably for a moment then continued. "I told him that the only thing that would kill me would be staying there with him and the rest of the pack. At the time, I was so upset. To recieve praise for your keen eyes and sharp nose one day, then have that respect and pride ripped away from me.... In my mind they were all laughing in spite of me. I left that day and never looked back." Nikita sighed and shuddered softly as she revisited the conversation.

Meanwhile, Miklos was trotting happily through the woods some distance away. "Gonna have to be more careful from here on out," he said. He walked about carelesly for now though. He had avoided his sister and kept his life. For now that was all that was important. He lifted his head towards the sun above, and closed his eyes as he walked, soaking in the warm rays of energy. His sun bath was soon interrupted when he ran into a large burr oak. He rubbed his bruising crown softly and winced. "Apparently this just ins't my day." he said with a huff. Now Miklos's head hurt in addition to the scrapes and bruises her had gotten from the slip up he had made earlier. He decided to bunk down for a while, and rest up. With that, he crawled into a set of thick shrubs and drifted off to sleep.

(Im beginning to feel a bit bad for this RP, three days and nothing has happened... Hopefully everyone will return and pick up on it soon. I would hate for it to fallinto the archives with other abandoned RP's.)
Last edited, Mar 2nd 2012 @ 12:23 am
Trpělivost ruže přináší

-Patience brings roses-

Sylvre
User
5,733 posts
Sol nudged her friend. "You could start over again you know." she told Nikita. her stomach grumbled at her. "ah, I think my stomach is trying to eat my back bone."

Two brothers kept pace with a herd of elk staying out of sight and down wind from the herd, both brothers could see each other, while the Elk couldn't see them. Two sets of keen sharp eyes scanned the herd for the weakest link. One brother nodded to the other in silence as one spotted a year old that had grazed to little too far from the safety of the herd.

Foxy_Czechokee
User
1,445 posts
Niki looked at Solstice and smiled softly. "I could... I suppose." she mulled the idea over in her mind and tried to come to terms with it. "I suppose I'm just scared that even if we were to find a pack that I wouldn't be of much use to them..... a half blind wolf isn't really highly sought after in the grand scheme of things."

Niki then turned about and started looking for something to eat. "I suppose that I am fairly good at hunting though... despite the eye thing. What do you say we save that back bone of yours and catch something for lunch?" she asked, tail beginning to wag behind her.
Trpělivost ruže přináší

-Patience brings roses-

Sylvre
User
5,733 posts
"See looking at the positive side of things already." Sol beamed happily. "Sometimes we have to face our fears, and when we do we become stronger and all the better for it." She thought a moment, the grumbling in her stomach made her choice for her. "Yea I could do with something to eat."

Foxy_Czechokee
User
1,445 posts
Niki smiled weakly and then shook her head. "Well, what are you in the mood for? Theres lots of variety round here. Fish, Elk, rabbit, deer, squirrel, goose, you name it we can probably hunt it down."

Miko woke with a start, but dared not to move. He could smell wolves nearby, though he knew not how far. He held every muscle in his body as still as stone and listened. A few moments later, a bee covered in pollen landed on his nose. He twitched and tried to will it away, but he had no such luck. His moving only made the bee aggitated, and it began to shake its angry body. In doing so, pollen fell directly into Miko's nostrils, and he sneezed so hard it rumbled the bush he was in. 'So much for playin it cool....' he thought to himself, quietly praying the wolves hadn't heard him.
Trpělivost ruže přináší

-Patience brings roses-

Sylvre
User
5,733 posts
"I'm in the mood for Elk." Solstice said. As they walked and talked about food, her sensitive foot pads felt the ground tremble. "Did you feel that?" She asked.

The two brothers did indeed hear the sneeze looking at each other first and the back to where they heard the sneeze. they quickly looked back at the stampeding herd of Elk. "Damn it! Silver spat. as he took off after the Elk, Sable said nothing and took off after his brother. Both chasing down the Elk.

Foxy_Czechokee
User
1,445 posts
Niki paused for a moment and tried to figure out what Sol was talking about. It didn't take long for her to figure it out though. She looked wildly to the ground, then back to Sol. "Stampede." she breathed, slightly terrified. She knew all to well how dangerous the could be. She quickly gathered her wits about her though and began to run out towards the open feild before them. "Looks like the elk are gonna find us for a change!" she called back.

Miko slowly climbed from the bush as soon as he heard the duo leave. "Close one." he murmured to himself. "Two big guys like that. Pft. I wouldn't have stood a chance, even holding my stature." his mind swirled then, and he raced back towards where he had left Nikita last.

He knew that if he couldn't stand a chance, there was no way that Niki or her friend would be able to defend themselves against the pair.
Trpělivost ruže přináší

-Patience brings roses-

Sylvre
User
5,733 posts
"Mother Moon!" Sol sped away with Nikita following her lead. She had never witnessed a stampede before, it was aw inspiring and terrifying. She leaped like a deer as she ran being light pawed.

the two brothers chased after he herd of Elk, snapping and growling, separating the yearling from the main body of the herd itself. Sable snapped at her hind legs as Silver snapped at the front legs guiding it further away from the herd. when it was far enough away Sable leaped onto its back while Silver went for the throat

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 133
<- Prev Next ->
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -