Teacup Felione

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3
<- Prev
Urban
User
83 posts
Biblically, no. c: Jesus gave us the complete means of Salvation without jumping through all the Old Testament hoops of eat this, not this, do this, not this. (Mark 7:14-23). There's no problem there at all. Paul even said somewhere that's it's fine to even eat meat sacrificed by Pagans (in the context of what your life testimony should look like and be sure you're not going to confuse newlings in the faith).

The problem is being smart about what you eat. Seither seems to have captured most of what I believe about meat. The Muckrakers tried to clean up the industry, but meat is still a pretty nasty business (as is everything these day). Drug-fed, cancerous cows practically grown from test tubes disturb me...meatlover or not.

If you're a conspiracy theorist like me, just read up on where various brands/businesses get their meat and how they prepare it. Check out what to avoid, but remember that a little on rare occasions won't kill you...or at least that's what I try to convince myself of.

If it bothers you enough to boycott meat all together, be sure you enjoy soybeans.<3 Protein's still a necessity.

And by the way, don't listen to PETA's propaganda blindly. Ask yourself if they even mentioned where they filmed or if their media show any unimpressive evidence. Overly-biased views that are trying to sell you an idea should always be examined first, just so you're sure they're not pulling a fast one on you. e_e
Katch
User
195 posts
Eat meat or eat your veggies...It's like my mother always said: "Everything in moderation."

If there's anything I have learned from watching Animal Planet for 10 years, it's that nature has concocted oodles of god awful tortuous ways for prey animals to die in the wild. I think the way most people kill animals now should be a little bit stricter, (To make sure that the animal is really dead.) but is sort of humane in comparison. (You are a bird. Do you want to die of quick and easy decapitation, or slowly die by being played with at the paws of a wild cat?)

For religious types, read Leviticus. If it has hooves and chews cud, it's okay to eat, remember?

...And I don't eat Veal for moral reasons. Eating anemic babies is totally different from eating a healthy adult animal...
Zhen
User
17 posts
As a Buddhist I am morally obligated to be a vegeterian. As a human with taste buds, I can't say no to a fine steak. I guess I remove myself from where my food came from. The matter of meat being "wrong" however, that's a much more abstract thing to consider. I've never met an argumentative, self-righteous vegetarian or vegan myself, but if someone were to tell me that eating meat was wrong and I was a bad person for it, I'd probably just say "Ok." Cause I mean, I'm gonna do what I do.
Piblaf
User
1,545 posts
(sick people who like pork bacon! pigs are smart animals tthat don't deserve to be killed just for breakfast purposes! :(
Expressive
User
497 posts
Yeah, they're also good for Christmas dinner. >:U
xoxo
Zhen
User
17 posts
yeah, well, you know that's just like, your opinion, man.
Dulcet
User
17 posts
I myself am not a vegetarian but I agree with what Winter is saying about how meat is processed. Pretty much all of the meat that we buy in grocery stores comes from factory farms which give their animals horrible living conditions and treat them cruelly to make producing the meat cheaper. Your best bet to get meat that comes from animals treated fairly is from local family farms, but the number of those are decreasing very rapidly as the corporate factory farms are destroying their business. A great movie to watch about this is "Food Inc." To those of you who are saying that you know people who have farms that treat their animals fairly - that's great! But those farms are very, very uncommon.
Page: 1 2 3
<- Prev
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -