Blue Haika

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
<- Prev Next ->
Aliecole
User
77 posts
Yes I believe in God.And the KJV.I don't understand why people why people don't believe God,but they do believe in the big bang.Its just a big jumble of lettece.Even the scientists who made it up said that they didn't have any actual proof but,they were working on it.Its so stupid that its laughable.And even if it was real,do you see monkey evolving evolving into people NOW?See?Its false,it never has been real.The Big bang was just made up by somebody.WE have proof that God is real because we have the Bible and for generations people have spread the Gospel.Some people like Adam and Eve or Moses Etc.have even had God speak to them!
Last edited, Jun 24th 2011 @ 12:36 am
Shame
User
2,348 posts
Working backwards... Most of,us who do not believe in god, don't believe in Adam and Eve, the bible, etc. so it's not that great an example seeing as the argument would mean virtually nothing to us. A lot of people spread word of other religions and beliefs. Buddhism, Reincarnation, etc. Each religion has it's history of 'apostle' type messengers.

Humans also did not eveolve directly from monkeys, we share a common ancestor. Given the similarities structurally between humans and monkeys, I find it highly believable. It's not like someone said we share a close ancestor with elephants.

Finally, the big bang theory. Through the hubble telescope we do have some good evidence, but the Big bang theory is not there to explain the origin of our universe like your implying but the development and evolution. We do see proof of evolution all the time. In my opinion the evidence found in space is much, much older than the bible.

I have trouble having unquestionable faith in anything. Religion requires this faith I don't have. I'm open to the idea of dieties, but I'd need proof. Which, as many have said, it is near impossible to give real proof for any religion. Sure, maybe Jesus was real and he died teaching us a lesson, but that doesn't make him a deity. That doesn't prove or disprove the existance of a God. The Big Bang and evolution also does not prove or disprove his/her/it's existance. Maybe god wanted the big bang to happen and started evolution.... Maybe not. I'm not going to believe people who tell me to believe in God because of stories written in a book by humans.
Last edited, Jun 24th 2011 @ 1:44 am
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Boyish
User
22 posts
Aliecole; There are books about Allah and all the other god's too, but that would be blasphemy to believe in them, wouldn't it? I could write a book about the flying spaghetti monster, and people could talk about it for hundreds of years, but that wouldn't make it true, would it?
Please make research before making assumptions. We didn't evolve from monkeys, but from apes. And if all people on earth comes from Adam and Eve, how come we aren't all handicapped because of inbreed. And how will you explain all the different types of humans? Black people, Asian people, Europeans and so on.
And no, they didn't have actual proof, because it's a theory. It's about as believe-able as the bible, which has no magic proof besides a story that has been embellished in centuries. Haven't you read the story about one feather turning into 5 hens?
verpets.com/go/fy5
This is my 'theory' about how the bible came to become the magical fairytale it is today with dudes with superpowers c:
Kiyu
User
1,061 posts
Boyish:

Yes, we are all related, there was a protection over Adam and Eve though so originally it would have never created any problems in the original plan. And we don't know how fast gene problems might have occurred in the beginning, it could have been a slow process. In the time of Moses though the law was given not to breed with such close relatives.... and if you've looked around- most of as have some sort of problem anyhow.

For the skin question, Our skin pigmentation probably changed over generations when it was influenced by the environment and other factors. We, just like all other creatures, were created with the ability to adapt and change. (each to its own kind though)
Azazel
User
4,924 posts
Kiyu: Yet the bible states AGAINST evolution and skin pigmentation and how man adapted is still evolving to meet our environment.

Also inbreeding generally causes problems quite quickly. We know that from today. We don't need to look at Adam and Eve and wonder how inbreeding would effect them. Its not something man evolved into or it suddenly became a problem. Our problems today don't come from "inbreeding". True, we are basically all related to one another but our issues are of environmental reason (and I'm not saying global warming, I'm saying social environment)

I don't particularly care for this debate but I couldn't help but point that out.
"Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka." — Jim Butcher (Dresden Files: Changes)
Kiyu
User
1,061 posts
That's not entirely true, the bible states against evolution in the sense of man coming from another kind of animal, yes, however I don’t believe it states against natural selection, the process by which a species adapts and changes to its environment.

We were all made 'according to their kind' meaning we we're created with the ability to change within our kind So we were created with the ability to change and adapt. We did not ‘evolve’ these abilities though, they were created in us. (just look at before the Fall and after, everything was good in the Garden but after the Fall many things changed- poison animals, carnivores.)

I’ll admit, I’m not big on science so I'm probably not the best person to be answering these questions, but I do know some things. I just felt like pointing out that not all Christians have the ‘throw away science’ and ‘you just have to believe’ attitude. Yes, it does take a measure of faith to believe in God, but there is proof if you look.
Azazel
User
4,924 posts
But there is just as much proof for Evolution, yes?

What about fish that have bones and a structure that would suggest they were the first to become reptiles.

Or the creatures and fossils of the world that predate anything human-like in structure?

I of course am not saying God does not exist. But I saying evolution is of course there because Natural Selection and Adaptation are just a form of Evolution. You evolve by adapting. Adapting is just one page of it and over time all those many adaptations overlap into what we have today in how something evolved into something else. THAT is evolution. To condemn Evolution is condemning Adaptation and Natural Selection. Evolution doesn't just happen overnight with one or two adaptations, after all.

I believe in both God and Science. As they both overlap in so many ways and hold so much truth. And to only hold one close, in my eyes, is to be blind and ignorant. Faith is important but so is understanding your world. And you cannot honestly do that with a book that was written so long ago, that back then they described Thunder as Gods and Mammoth Skulls as Cyclopes. Man did not just stumble upon this grand idea and knowledge that ____ is true and ____ is false. As you do realize many of the stories in the bible are not wholey-Christian, yes? Many of them are adaptations of other cultures to gain those people's trust and admiration as Christianity pushed into the realm of other religion. That's the theology of it.
"Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka." — Jim Butcher (Dresden Files: Changes)
Taiiyuto
User
18 posts
I'm iffy about it. /doesnt read posts, answers first question

I think my only argument is,
if the big bang theory is so crazy, (nothing was there, and then it exploded and BAM universe), then god is just as much so (nothing was there, except him he was just kinda there and BAM he felt like making the universe)
I:
so basically I'm saying both sides are kind of ridiculous, and nobody knows for sure. but people can WANT to believe for sure so they'll have a definite 'YES' or 'NO' behind them.
the same goes for their 'proof'.
some people have 'proof' of their god's existence that others find idiotic, and some have 'proof' that there isn't one that others also find idiotic.... anyway.

I prefer to step out and just go through life being oblivious of any higher beings or whatever exists. ;o) causes less arguments.
izzie789
User
71 posts
think about it for a moment. how did the first humans appear? out of nowhere? they had to come from someone, but who did that someone come from? god. there is and will always be a god. most all people know that modern animals came from dinosaurs and dinosaurs came from fish type things and those fishy things came from cells. but where did the cells come from? the air? no, they came from god. god created all living things when he created the earth. compaqxp there is a god. think about what i just said. where did they come from? GOD
]
Ajaxmar
User
30 posts
Be it God, no God... Something I find undeniable is that there's a first cause for everything to happen. Some may call it Big Bang, God, Allah, or whatever on an endless list.

Personally, I believe something as complex as the world, even the smallest insect, can't have appeared out of pure chance. Things work too perfectly to be product of something random -not talking about people's own lives here. That's an entirely different matter.

In short, I do believe there is a creator (or a god, call it as you may), but not in most things made or written by the Man.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
<- Prev Next ->
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -