Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
<- Prev Next ->
xNoodle
User
53 posts
i am not quite sure.

but i do know this.
the big bang theory is highly illogical.

an explosion, creating a perfectly synced universe?
ridiculous.

take this for an example.

you set off a large crate of dynamite.
is anything new going to be there after it blows up?

not really.

and evolution, the belief that we evolved from monkeys.
there is absolutely no fossil evidence that this is true.

there are human skeletons, and there are monkey skeletons.
nothing in between.

i'm not against anyone who believes in evolution, i'm just saying that it makes no sense. (:
Warlock
User
948 posts
but i do know this.
the big bang theory is highly illogical.

an explosion, creating a perfectly synced universe?
ridiculous.

take this for an example.

you set off a large crate of dynamite.
is anything new going to be there after it blows up?

Now, this amuses me. Comparing the Big Bang to something as simple as dynamite is absolutely ridiculous. Firstly they are different types of explosion and secondly... dynamite. I don't even think I have to explain any further. To create a big bang you need (extremely) high speed collisions. During the explosion of a dynamite you don't get the same effect. If I were to rig up a set of dynamite it'd hardly be impressive. Dynamite doesn't even have remotely the same effect as a hadron collider would. Maybe if you used a different viewpoint it'd make better sense. Dynamite as an example is nonsense.

Whereas I do understand where you're coming from, I also think you need to back it up with better evidence than this.

and evolution, the belief that we evolved from monkeys.
there is absolutely no fossil evidence that this is true.

there are human skeletons, and there are monkey skeletons.
nothing in between.

We are Homo sapiens and if you look at other species, you may notice that Homo Erectus are also in our family. Homo Erectus are a form of Hominid which originated in Africa. They are now extinct but are considered a direct ancestor to Homo sapiens. ( Also Neanderthals and Heidelberg men. ) If you look between the species you can see the obvious differences and very obvious similarities. If you consider all the extinct Homo genus, you will also realise that there is more possibility of this being correct.

Of course it isn't set in stone, though a load of people tend to dismiss the genus before Homo sapiens. Not to mention that a lot of fossils and bones which would have existed before the earliest genus might still be buried.

I'd produce more information but I'm pretty tired at the moment.
Last edited, Sep 23rd 2010 @ 10:43 pm
in his wisdom god created the f l y and then forgot to tell us why
xNoodle
User
53 posts
glad i amuse you so. (:

suppose the big bang did happen?
how did it create life?
how did it program the minds of the very first organisms?

i believe that something so complex, so flawless, couldn't possibly happen by accident.
i believe there had to have been a designer, a creator of some sort.

but of course, i may be wrong.
life is something that i don't believe anyone will ever fully grasp.

and honestly, i don't want people to ever solve this mystery.
it gives me something to believe in. (:
Warlock
User
948 posts
suppose the big bang did happen?
how did it create life?

i believe that something so complex, so flawless, couldn't possibly happen by accident.
i believe there had to have been a designer, a creator of some sort.

but of course, i may be wrong.

I suggest you also look into the big bang theory and psychology.
So far I'm yet to find a single argument which makes it more likely that this creator exists. Before I even attempt to answer your questions, I'd like you to answer me a few things too. With science we have proved a lot. Why hasn't religion proved anything? Because it's a belief. It's just something that people believe in so that they don't actually have to look into the scientific thing. Or just something that people believe they can say 'Oh, isn't God wonderful? Doesn't God create such fabulous things?' without having an actual argument which even slightly proves his/her existence. Lots of things that happen day to day do happen accidentally, I'm not going to believe that everything happens because something is making everything happen unless you hand me some nice evidence. I've managed to give you some information on this side of the fence, so why don't you give me some information on your side of the fence too? Some actual solid information, get me some proof, something that proves even science wrong and maybe I'll start to believe.

Anyway, questions for you!

If God did exist, why isn't there any proof of this? God hasn't left his print on anything, has he? If you're Christian, Why does a possible work of fiction mean so much? What is your proof against the big bang theory? Why isn't human evolution possible? I suppose those will do for now, I'll answer yours.

how did it create life?

It wasn't necessarily the actual big bang that created life. The big bang creates matter, this matter creates stars and they create elements, elements create a large cloud of gas. With this comes planets. Also the creation of atoms and molecules. After the big bang there was a point of ( If I'm correct in remembering ) 2/3-7/8 million years of nothing. In this period it is highly probable that life started. The conditions were perfect for life to start, water and temperature levels have to be something phenomenal for it to even work. During this time the pressure of the universe was also raised, this environment is perfect for molecules to form faster than usual. Whereas it may lead you to believe that Earth was formed around us, it's actually the other way around. Our Earth was sterile enough to hold life and therefore any life that came to earth came on meteors and comets. ( Also elsewhere in the universe, but certain planets are obviously more 'fit' to hold life than others, therefore survival of the fittest played out, which is why you don't see life on every other planet, but there has been so-called proof of extra-terrestrial life so it doesn't exactly deem this improbable. )

Fossils have been found that prove the meteors and comets bringing biological life to earth is possible. This process is called a biological big bang.

TL;DR: The Big Bang created the right environment, there was a short while in between the big bang in which scientists believe comets and meteors brought life to earth. This is called the biological big bang because it's when the biological forms started to come into being. Earth is a sterile environment which is fit to hold life.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I already answered this in a previous post.
Either way, anything that lives already has a programmed mindset. The very first organisms wouldn't have had much of a detailed mindset, it would have just consisted of survival. As an organism grows they are going to better suit their environment. This is different for every organism of course, an animal is programmed to eat, excrete, reproduce and survive, so they have those mechanisms already built in through evolution. Say that my example of the Hominids is correct, as we evolve we learn more. Our brains, as well as certain animals brains are a lot more capable of learning. We started off learning how to create weapons and survive. Our brain craves information, our brain will seek out information. Anything we learn most certainly has more proof than something mysterious programming our brains to do everything we do.

Back on to the point: Our brains, as well as select other animals are programmed to create and gather information. Any morals we have are there because they have always been there. Although it isn't directly at the point, you might find it interesting to look into psychology as a whole.

This however, is true. Even with any scientific knowledge that has actually been proved, it still isn't enough to prove how life came to be. The only argument in the favour of Science is that there is actually proof to go with the concepts. There has been no proof of a being of creation at this point so it's a little less believable.

There are a few more things that I'd like to bring up, but I'll only bring them up shortly as this post is already getting to the point of tl;dr.

If God did exist, why hasn't he put an end to the wars and fights that end up over him? Surely that is good enough reason for him to appear and basically say "bros, you've gone a little too far." I find that a lot of fights, wars or anything are over religion. Why do people still fight over it? I thought God was meant to be all into peace and love thy neighbour.

I'd like to bring up the flaws of the belief and the bible next post, but this is already too long and I don't want to leave too many questions here.
Expressive
User
497 posts
>but of course, i may be wrong.

and honestly, i don't want people to ever solve this mystery.
it gives me something to believe in. (:

xoxo
Cella
User
1,024 posts
Belief in god is something that can't be proven.

That's where faith comes in. (:

So arguing about this is pointless, really.
.. |D

Warlock
User
948 posts
Last I checked this was a debate.

1. To consider something; deliberate.
2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument.

So the whole idea of a debate is to... debate. We aren't talking about belief, we're talking about facts or anything people consider fact. People are bound to disprove it or otherwise. I don't see the point in coming to a debate board to say 'arguing about this is pointless' when it's a debate board.

Just saying.
Cella
User
1,024 posts
Yea, I know it's a debate. But the direction it's heading is, "Oh, God isn't real because they're isn't any proof." That's the way I interpreted it, anyways. I could be wrong.

Religion is faith. You can't prove faith. x33

+ $0.02
.. |D

Warlock
User
948 posts
Well that's because there are two sides of the fence here, I'd be a bit worried if there wasn't. Either way, it doesn't have to be exact proof, just something worth debating about. I'm sure as hell 'Religion is faith' isn't exactly worth a debate, we understand that already.

Basically; we understand religion is faith, move along, provide more debate material. Also my two pennies.
Anti_Social
User
974 posts
Up in the posts you said science has proved many things. Science doesn't prove things it gives facts to whatever they were experimenting to get the facts (That is what my science teachers have told and taught to us as we progressed into higher grade levels.). Religion doesn't and cannot prove things because it is faith which lives in the mind, soul and heart which makes this a useless topic to debate on because neither side wins.
And to your post from a while back:
The black dog was not a trick of the eye. A trick of the eye does not allow you to feel the 'dog' push the mattress up from under the bed, nor do other people see the exact same thing let allow hear its paws scrambling about until the light was turned on and there was no dog. And no they didn't have anything to do with it. I stated in there that I just felt like sharing them.
Last edited, Oct 11th 2010 @ 12:03 am

"Somebody give me a sign. That everything's going as planned. And then everything falls away, into the darkness of this shallow place. The detail is striking. The room's cold and frightening. You'll kick and you'll scream. You'll try everything to survive.."
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
<- Prev Next ->
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -