Blue Chien

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
<- Prev
Houndoom
User
388 posts
Hmm in Houndoom's point of view I don't believe in any god or God. I feel it was all made by human to have something to believe in or to look forward to after life and just another way to enslave human behavior to the way they wanted back in older times. I don't see anything special happening after I die either. I see it where if I am wrong and there is some god or afterlife when I die then I guess that's that. All I can say is I had fun and enjoyed life while I was alive doing what I believed and I wouldn't change it.
Expressive
User
497 posts
Izzie - Then where did God come from?
xoxo
Azazel
User
4,924 posts
What I honestly want to know is why Christianity is the correct one, out of the countless others. Why is Christianity the one that is right.
"Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka." — Jim Butcher (Dresden Files: Changes)
Kiyu
User
1,061 posts
In my opinion, Christianity can be just misleading as other religions. Religion, as I see, is a bunch of rules and 'to-do' and 'not to-do' lists in order to try a please God or a god. Religion will never save a person; only Jesus can. Jesus didn't come to start another religion, He came to start a relationship.

I really like this quote ~ "Religious people come and say 'heres the list do it' Jesus comes from the cross and says 'It is finished.'

As for 'why is Jesus the correct one?' Because He is, as simple as that, His power and glory is manifested through many things on the earth if we look. There are countless testimonials that tell of Him; heck, I could fill pages of what He did in my life; and certainty not out of religion, but out of love.

I’m sure some people would want to debate the nitty-gritty details but someone will always be able to come up with something to debate your point. Even the Devil tried to use the Bible to convince Jesus to sin.

It will always take a measure of faith to believe in God, but it will take the same measure of faith to not believe in him. You put your faith in something; I would make sure its true.

I can’t prove God exist, but He can. I would….urge you, as anyone, to give it a chance. Search ~ like you are now. I for sure do not have all the answers. But I do personally know a God who loves, so I like sharing about Him.
Deza
User
56 posts
I believe there is a God, and an after life. I do not go to church, and I know there is no actual visual proof I can say there is positivley a God but that is my belief and I will never change that, and I am currently reading the bible. I try to do good in life and help other people, I do do make bad choices in life sometimes but I try to fix them however I can so I can go to the place where I wanna go when I die. buhh I won't try to change your minds about your religion, although I wish some people would. but also people are like "well then how was God created, where did he come from?" and all those questions, well

I believe there is a God, and an after life. I do not go to church, and I know there is no actual visual proof I can say there is positivley a God but that is my belief and I will never change that, and I am currently reading the bible. I try to do good in life and help other people, I do do make bad choices in life sometimes but I try to fix them however I can so I can go to the place where I wanna go when I die. buhh I won't try to change your minds about your religion, although I wish some people would. but also people are like "well then how was God created, where did he come from?" and all those questions, well

*** I wass tolled that that is the mystery your supposed to learn in later life* :)
Last edited, Sep 11th 2011 @ 1:25 am
kittycocoalove
User
53 posts
People complain all the time God is real and that he DOES answer their prayers, just in a different form. oh? Is that why you got robbed? Your siblings murdered? Apparently no matter how hard you pray something will happen. The one thing bad about religion is, well, take the following:

"I believe in God and I shall judge no one. The lord judges no one."

And then.. An Atheist comes in..

"Unless you don't believe God. Then I judge you go straight to Hell."

I could go into the complicated stuff, but no.

My opinion? I used to believe, then when I grew over the course of the years I realized I just didn't have the faith anymore.

Another issue is the Gay marriage, but OH NO am I not opening that box. But for the curious, I am NOT against gays.
Last edited, Apr 4th 2013 @ 7:38 pm

So let me get this straight. Batman's first robin becomes Nightwing, the second one dies, resurrects, matures, and stalkes Batman as Red Hood; third Robin lives a short, eventful life; the fourth robin is a girl but is slaughtered by Black Mask; then Bruce and Talia's own child Damian becomes Robin; then his child with Selina, Helena sort of becomes another Robin; and this whole time Superman's just flying around? Pretty legit.

#Loving Adventure Time, The Justice League, and Pokemon
Expressive
User
497 posts
verpets.com/go/p8h

I thought it was relevant.
xoxo
treewee
User
13 posts
I absolutely beleive in Him. I mean, explain how Jesus rose out of the grave, how God created the Earth, and how He made the Egyptians set the slaves free.

I absolutely beleive in Him. I mean, explain how Jesus rose out of the grave, how God created the Earth, and how He made the Egyptians set the slaves free.
Last edited, Dec 24th 2011 @ 2:01 am
Shame
User
2,346 posts
1) If we don't believe in God, why would we believe in Jesus? Or, maybe he was a normal dude and him 'rising from the grave' is something we don't believe in.

2) We have science to explain the creation of the earth. Big bang theory(yes, it's not just a tv show), Evolution... those are explanations that don't involve a god. Some people ask how the universe came to be or how the big bang came about. Isn't it possible that it just was? That's what people who do believe in God say when I ask, well where did God come from?

3) Free will. Perhaps Moses really didn't agree with how his people were treating the slaves. We don't need a god to be good people.

Expressive. Awesome. Yes, I will use that everywhere now.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Yoshika
User
2,058 posts
I want to know why Christianity is the "right" religion, too. Why is the Christian God the only god there can be?

I don't take "Because there is evidence He exists all around us" as a proper response. I could say that "There is evidence Vishnu exists all around us" and it would be just as plausible.

How do we know for sure God created humans and not Pyrrha or any other deity?

While I don't exactly believe that Jesus rose from the grave or was really the offspring of God, I do believe he existed at some point and was a really nice guy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
<- Prev
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -