Red Vulkit

Login or Register to find one!
Shame
Elite User
2,287 posts
Well, I'm soon to be 20 years old, anti-Twilight, and I dont paint anything black nor do I wear black excessively for any reason other than it's clothing and I'd rather not be without. I've seen ghosts. My friend and I saw a watch get thrown across the room in the past summer and my dad and I saw a little ghost girl in our house on separate occasions without mentioning it to anyone. I've also seen things that were freaky but I was eventually able explain away. So, no, not everyone who believes in the supernatural are kids who only get it from books and movies. Some of us are perfectly rational, logical people who saw things that weren't exactly logical to see. Whether you believe or not is your opinion and while saying that everyone who believes in strange things is also your opinion, it's also stereotyping. Besides, some of these things that are considered supernatural can possibly be logical if ever truly found. Bigfoot is an easy one but even ghosts could have a logical explanation beyond 'they're not real and you're hearing things'.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Knighte
Elite User
9 posts
Any ghost you claim to have seen can be explained. I'd like to see you give me proof, other than photoshopped videos on Youtube and your own testaments "omg something weird happened, must b ghost."
Shame
Elite User
2,287 posts
See here's the thing. You say it can be explained but since you weren't there you can't really have a say in the situation I experienced. You can choose not to believe but you can't say that it absolutely can be explained because I assure you I've tried countless times. When something weird happens I do not jump to conclusions on ghosts. The majority of the time I see something on the internet or tv claiming to be a ghost video I don't believe it. I'm not a gullible idiot who is looking for ghosts in every shadow, but some of the things I've seen could not be explained. If you came over to my house and saw some of the things I've seen and were able to explain it I would gladly accept that but since you aren't and cant give me a viable reason then any argument you have against my experiences are just about useless.

As far as ghosts go it's all about belief. I've seen them and was unable to explain what I saw, so I believe. You haven't so you don't. No argument from either side could change either one's view on the subject. To continue to defend this is just a back and forth argument saying the same thing except you seem to also be calling people gullible and naive in the way you state your opinion on the subject; which is kind of insulting to those who do have viable reasons to believe.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Knighte
Elite User
9 posts
I can say that it can be explained because it can. Just because you failed to come up with an answer doesn't mean there isn't one, especially when you seem quick to believe that all this paranormal crap is real. Just because the average person can't explain a bump or a shadow doesn't mean that it's unexplainable, and could be as easily explained as hallucinations. Tell me, why does it have to be a ghost and not just your brain going wack?

I haven't seen ghosts because ghosts aren't real.

I'm not implying you're gullible and naive, I'm saying it outright. I don't care if you're insulted; your viable reasons are bs and I'm sorry I don't value the opinion of someone who thinks dead people float around.
Last edited, Jun 10th 2012 @ 10:08 pm
Shame
Elite User
2,287 posts
I have hallucinated before due to medication but this was nothing like that and I've seen them before and after that event. I was of sound mind and wasn't the only one to experience it at the same time. Like I said before nothing either of us say is going to convince the other or further state out position on the debate, and I'm not going to argue with you on it. This is what I believe with logical reasons for believing in it and you have your reasons.

On a matter entirely unrelated to actual debate. There's absolutely no reason to be insulting though. You can state opinions without calling people names. It's a debate forum, if you don't value someone else's opinion just because it's different and feel the need to be insulting then maybe you should reread the stickied topics about debating before you step on anymore toes.

Specifically this part found here verpets.com/go/xii:
This is a DEBATE forum not STATE YOUR OPINION AND ACT LIKE AN STUBBORN DONKEY forum.

Let's try to keep a little more open mind with things and actually try to put up some defense with our arguments instead of "Nope you're wrong I'm right."

Just sayin.
Last edited, Jun 10th 2012 @ 10:34 pm
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
Knighte
Elite User
9 posts
I know how to debate. I don't value your opinion because you have absolutely NO facts to support it, and you're asking me to believe it with literally nothing proving it. I think you're gullible and naive if you think that seeing something you can't explain with your limited knowledge must mean that ghosts exist, and that's not name calling, that's putting a name to your flaws.

Maybe you should go over the rules because as of yet you've been stating your opinion without providing any evidence other than "I think I saw one, must be real!" The excerpt you so graciously added to your post can easily be applied to you.

Just sayin.
darknova
Elite User
68 posts
Ghosts and Genies? No way. But i'm not sure about Bigfoot.
Seems possible, but why would they be so impossible to find.

Where do they live?
Shame
Elite User
2,287 posts
They aren't. If they're real then we just haven't found them. There are so many different species we haven't found yet. Bigfoot could be one.
Pair of Loving Plushies
Gotta collect 'em all!
darknova
Elite User
68 posts
Yes, but too bad no one knows where they are, or would be.

If they did they'd probably go look there.
Nightcrawler
Elite User
Online!
1,836 posts
Gorillas were discovered 1902, only a hndred years of so for such a huge animal. It's possible we havent discovered another kind of ape that is known as Bigfoot or Yeti.
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -