Brown Ksholo

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<- Prev
SayomiDai
User
9 posts
I feel the need to get sciency on you...
When you say 'cutting releases endorphins', you're only half right.

When you cut yourself, be it on purpose or not, your brain releases endorphins to protect you from the pain. Your body and thousands of years of evolution are working to help you not have to feel it. So consider this:

Endorphins are also released during exercise or excitement, when you eat spicy food, see someone you love, and plenty of other times too. It's just a chemical within your body, and much like adrenalin, it is possible to get high off of it.

What I'm getting at here is that if you cut yourself to feel the rush, I want you to know something. If you go out for a jog or a swim, you'll get that same high for, at least in my experience, an hour or two. And I probably won't be the first to tell you that it feels amazing.

Please, please, please think about what you're doing. There are better ways. I know depression hurts, I've almost lost my best friend to it before. And you want to know the worst part? She lives 800 miles away. I can't be there for her, and believe me, I wish I could. Cutting hurts the people that love you even more than it hurts you.
Last edited, Dec 6th 2010 @ 6:44 pm
Am I ambivalent?
Well, yes and no.
Davesprite
User
3,055 posts
Everyone suffers. It's equally unfair to everyone.
Cutting resolves nothing, and is pointless. It's a way of making your life melodramatic and putting more stress on your life than needed. Much more than needed. The best way to get things out is to talk, vent, rant, something. Violence is not a good answer period.
People who cut are the people I tend to find are melodramatic, self-centered, and simply rude. You don't HAVE to make yourself suffer. It's very optional to suffer, and more mature to not. I suppose cutting is one of those immature experiences on the way to adulthood, in a sense.
I agree with SayomiDai, as well. Exercise feels much better than cutting yourself because you lack physical pain, you get more fit from it, and it gives the same results. If you exercise improperly, of course it's going to hurt, but that's another problem of needing to exercise properly (ie. stretching first, being alert to your body's signals, how you're working yourself, etc.)
You could be doing much better, more creative things with your time. That's how other countries get so much more unique than America, I believe, since their curriculum focus more on artistic matter than knowledge matter. We spend so much more time talking about not doing illegal things and in that time period we could be talking about more impressive things like the next greatest invention, and actually start constructing or planning it. That's just my opinion on creativity, however, but it leads to the whole idea of us wasting our time with silly little things like cutting.
Overall, cutting is a waste of time, effort, and is very immature to me.
Soul
User
21 posts
It's a call for attention and always has been. It's a learned behavior. If there wasn't the internet 99% of kids wouldn't do it. If they say it's a suicide attempt, that's crap. There are alot faster, easier ways to kill yourself. If they say they want a more painful way to die, there's even more ways on that side of the tracks.
Most of the time kids who cut don't even have a reason too so I say it's all bull crap. I think suicide is stupid as well.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<- Prev
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -