Nightflower Zobek

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<- Prev Next ->
Lace
User
1,511 posts
My best friend of many years used to cut herself. She wore the sweatbands around her wrists to hide it. One day I told her that if she had to wear those wristbands next time I saw her, I would stop talking to her. I was worried.

The next time I saw her, there were no wristbands, and she thanked me. Our friendship was important enough to her that she stopped, and then she realized that she was better off without the cutting. She has since become a generally happier person.

I don't see how cutting can be good. Even if you feel as if it helps you, at what cost? Scaring your family and friends, creating worry and stress for those around you. What if one day you accidentally cut yourself in a way you didn't mean to, and kill yourself? I don't see how this topic could even be a debate.

"You cannot use someone else’s fire. You can only use your own. And in order to do that, you must first be willing to believe that you have it."
— Audre Lorde
Expressive
User
497 posts
They're gonna hate it one day when someone else sees the scars and see how ugly they used to be on the inside.
xoxo
pupnut6
User
2,680 posts
I agree with Pigeon...It really doesnt help
-has done it before-
R.I.P. Blaze

WORKING TOWARD GOALS.
please look at my blog and donations are appreciated very much so.
^^
thanks

Flit_Of_The_Shadows
User
43 posts
Cutting..? that an interesting topic...I’m not sure what to say about this because I used to be one so now I’m not I think I’m fairly biased but I would say that cutters should be offered help and if they refuse it then that’s there problem it took my parents and friends several attempts before i let them help me. It was not just about the pain people who have never hurt cut will not understand this but it's a since of power almost and the adrenalin rush you get from the pain almost out ways the pain it's self. having gotten over the whole cutter stage in my life I am sad to say that I sadly am ashamed when people look at my arms but now at least I can say "yes I used to cut but now I’m in a happier place these scars remind me of why I should accept others help" I don't wear them proudly by any stretch of the imagination and I strongly erg any one who still cuts to let family and friends help.... trust me it's worth the struggle in the end! I think it was probably not a good idea after reading some of the posts to start this topic since you seem to have a firm idea and saying ‘don't knock it till u tried it ‘ isn't the best but I can see your point, people if you have never done it it's hard to explain the sense of sheer relief when you cut, I’m no wear near suggesting that you try just to see but please don't go telling people who do that they should die.
Expressive
User
497 posts
Cutting is a release for people who do not have control over a situation that brings them stress. If they can have at least some say in the pain they experience (physical or emotional) then it eases them that they're doing something about it. It's a band-aid to a big problem they're not addressing. It's a sign of an avoidant personality.

Actually, I do know the feeling of relief. Or, at least a kind of relief due to an avoidant personality. I've had my vice. I'm not going to lie. It wasn't drugs, sex, or alcohol, but it was a vice and not a good one. That's another barrel of fish we'd be getting into though.
xoxo
NagatoKun
User
52 posts
*sigh*

I'm tired of trying to defend my views. I stand strong in my mindset, and my opinion will not change in that. But I'm tired of fighting with all of you. I'm tired of tryign to stan up for something when all of you have closed minds to my words.
It's an emotional band-aid. You just keep telliing yourself that.
That's all I have to say.
Expressive
User
497 posts
You're closed-minded to our supposed closed-mindedness. Enjoy your logic fail.
xoxo
Fay
User
1,366 posts
Most people who cut are people who want attention.
It's bad for you. End of story. I don't see a debate in this.
Davesprite
User
3,055 posts
Cutting really doesn't do anything. It's just a way to get needless attention. I would know, as I'm an ex-cutter myself. I have learned that it was really selfish, greedy, and stupid.
If you hate yourself enough to hurt yourself, get consoling. If you wish to die, then die. Simple as that.
There is really nothing earned from such an act.
MySinfulBliss
User
15 posts
This is seriously not a debate. Or a good one, at least. Cutting is stupid. It doesn't solve anything. It doesn't get rid of your problems. The emotional pain still remains afterward, plus you get some 'nifty' scars. Oh joy.

Go get real help. -_-

Cutting realeases endorphins and does do something. It helps some people with their problems, at least for a few moments. "You can't knock it until you've tried it."

LOL. No. I am not going to go cut myself. I am going to continue knocking self mutilation for the stupidity that it is. Thank you and good day.
"So, you're saying the humans are tall... yet dumb. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? How can anything tall be dumb?" - Red
"That's a Vort ship! I didn't think there were any of those left! Call them and tell them we're gonna blow 'em up!" - Purple
"Hello, friends. I am a perfectly normal human worm baby." - Zim
"Why do you have to have a head?" - Gaz
"Hi, floor! Make me a sammich!" - GIR
"One day, you'll be sitting in your house feeling all safe and secure, and then you'll look over and I'll be there... doin' stuff!" - Dib
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<- Prev Next ->
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -