Blue Zygo

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<- Prev Next ->
matratcupcake
User
2,036 posts
You seem to be talking about how cutting impacts yourself and you alone. Sure, you may feel it has helped you, but what of the other people who care for you? What about their situation? Do they approve? Perhaps I am crossing a border when I ask this, you don't have to answer, but at least give it a thought.

I love you right now. Adding on to what you said, you think bleeding yourself to death will make you better? Don't even say that your life sucks. If you think your life sucks go to Haiti or some poor African country. Most of those people are dealing with diseases, starvation, and lack of clean water. Do these people cut? Last time I checked, no, they don't.
Hey listen, hey listen, like a boss, on a boat, the game. 8D
NagatoKun
User
52 posts
MleSketch, I appreaciate your input. I myself am not out to make enemies, nor putdown the mindset of others, but I will stand in my views.
Actually, briniging up thr people who care for me the most (Certaianly not my family, but my closest friends) all approve. They do it themselves. I am NOT saying that it's a sort of cult/group activity/peer preassure thing. It is personal for each and everyon one of us, although some go farther then others in their practice, one of which would be myself.
Death by suicide isn't what I meant, athough I can easily see where you are coming from in that point. In my practice, there is no one to blame but myself, but I wouldn;t exactly say I 'blamed' anyone or anything. It is by sheer free will that I do so.
I do not know you, nor your life, bbut I can certainly understand you when you say these things, and see that you understand where I am coming from.
I will certainly consider your words. Theyy are quite wise, and easy enough for ANYONE to understand. I appreciate you input on the matter(: Thank you very much.

Matrat, honestly, there is no need to play the '3rd world counrty' card on me. I'm well aware of what it is like there. My life does not suck, and I'd appreciate if you didn't assume such things. I enjoy it quite a bit actually, but the ware and tear of life is never lifted, cutting or no. But I do what I can to make it just a bit lighter.
Azazel
User
4,924 posts
There are thousands of other ways to be happy. Cutting yourself is the most dangerous one. I'd like to point out that though I do not physically know the side of cutting my wife used to do so.
Several times she has almost killed herself.
I don't know how many times I've had to hide her whole knife collection [and I'd like to point out that takes about 2 hours to do].

By hurting yourself and thus dying by your own hand, purposeful or not is still Suicide. Especially when you are cutting yourself.

Bleeding, from a Medical stand point, is a horrible thing. You could get all kinds of infections or disease, not to mention metal poisoning that you'll experience later on in life.

Because I've lived with someone who used to do it, I still can't understand why anyone would put their life in such a danger just to be happy. If you want to be that close to death, go find an extreme sport to be apart of. Be out in the real world. Search for something that isn't so idiotic that if you do die, by some chance or design, that you don't hurt people because I assure you its your family that matters most. Friends come and go, and personally your friends sound like the absolute worst friends in the world to encourage such a thing [they are as bad as friends who encourage sex, violence, drugs, or alcohol], but your family is there for your forever. They are what should matter to you for they love you much more then your friends could possibly understand.

So I speak from my heart, from memories of sitting at the bedside in a hospital room crying your eyes out because something went wrong. To be proud of your cutting means you like the attention from it. Because not only are you getting your jollies by hurting yourself but you get your jollies from telling people, whether you think thats true or not. Its never fun to watch someone hurt themselves like this and its a very serious matter that you should stop before you die young and you hurt those that care most.
"Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka." — Jim Butcher (Dresden Files: Changes)
NagatoKun
User
52 posts
Seither, I understand what you'e sayiing, although I do not nessicarily agree. I will not die from this, simply because I am not stupiud enough to let my practice get out of hand. You may disagee with that, but I do not. When I say I cut myself, I am not, by any means, saying that I ram a knife into my shoulder or leg and let myself bleed until everything gets fuzzy and pass out to get some sleep. No, no, no.
You say if I want a more 'closer experiance with death', then I should go out for an extreme sport in the 'real world'. That's one way do it, but then again, one may perish by simply stepping outside or sitting ones self down on a chair. We, as humans, live hand in hand with death. We do not know when we will 'pass', nor can we possibly predict how. We could die at any given moment.
My friends, in contradiction to your view on them, are not 'the absolute worst I could have'. They ARE my family. They are all I have, and we love and care for each other. You may think that if we care for each other, then we wouldn't let one another inflict this sort of thing upon themselves, but it's BECAUSE we love each other that we let them do so. It may sound silly, and quite frankly it is difficult to explain in words, but it's the truth.
Like I said earlier, I am not trying to make enemies, nor twist one's view on such matters. We stand in what we believe, no?
Azazel
User
4,924 posts
No, you will kill yourself. Just because you do not ram a knife in your arm. One day you will do something stupid. The human body is very fragile and cutting is an addiction, just like any drug.

One day, you will be having the crappiest day of your life and you will cut yourself in the wrong place and too deep, just as a drug addict will take just too much and die from an accidental overdose. Do you understand now? thats what I went through. It was not a purposeful trying to kill ones self, it was just that tad over the edge that caused unclear thinking and that is where you will DIE.

I know where friends are as family but to do such things and encourage such things means you can find a lot better friends with a lot better habits. Friends who have Druggie friends don't always do drugs [I know, I have a lot of Druggie friends] and I'm sure you can be friends with them without cutting but just..its stupid. You are practically a suicidal cult in a very minimalistic way.

Like I said before, cutting is an addiction that has no drug except ones own body thanks to the release of endorphins. People can do such in varying ways: eating, drinking, drugs, driving, cutting, but they all have the same result and its really bad, dangerous and you have a higher chance of dying. the fact that people don't even have to step outside to die doesn't mean you are closer to death or you are at death's hand. The way you are doing it, you hold death in your hand and are subconsciously taunting it by giving yourself the power to be on that wire. I know these things. Its the Psychology of cutting.

So, one day, one of your friends will die or you will end up in the hospital for what I said and you will understand that with "your practice" is like shooting yourself up with Heroine and has its very large and very real consequences because its not as simple as you think it is just because you are 'careful'.

You should stop while you are ahead and find something else, even if you keep your friends and love them to the end of time for you will die young.. especially when you are so into it that you consider it a 'practice'
"Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka." — Jim Butcher (Dresden Files: Changes)
Expressive
User
497 posts
NagatoKun- I refuse to continue on with someone who has probably not even finished middle school yet. Please accept my hollow apologies.
xoxo
matratcupcake
User
2,036 posts
Saying you won't die from cutting it just like saying you won't die from some incurable cancer. As I don't think that I can say anything that Sei didn't say I'll keep this short. ..

My friends, in contradiction to your view on them, are not 'the absolute worst I could have'. They ARE my family. They are all I have, and we love and care for each other. You may think that if we care for each other, then we wouldn't let one another inflict this sort of thing upon themselves, but it's BECAUSE we love each other that we let them do so. It may sound silly, and quite frankly it is difficult to explain in words, but it's the truth.

What I've heard Friends don't let friends kill themselves. Unless you stop you will die. And maybe you should get friends that don't cut.

Hey listen, hey listen, like a boss, on a boat, the game. 8D
Minnie
User
87 posts
There are many ways to be happy. Resulting to cutting seems desperate to me. I've dealt with depression since probably elementary. I've considered cutting before, but personally a few minutes of pain isn't going to make me forget about anything. I realized this and have found more intelligent ways to deal with things that won't give me mental or physical scars :x.
VampireThief
User
2,294 posts
I've learned a lesson from even accidentally slicing my arm. now i dont even handle knives im so scared to get cut again

so basically cutting yourself is stupid and it only shows your more of an emo-poser-wannabe loser than you try to be -.-
The Vampire Strikes when no one is watching
Naps
User
5 posts
Protip: cutting is not the only form of relieving stress or escaping your given situation. Read a book, play a video game, listen to a new album; do something besides horrendously mutilate yourself. When I'm stressed or sad, I personally reach for my PS3 controller, not a knife.

Unless you're just doing it for attention... OH WAIT.

"I'm not sad anymore, I'm just tired of this place
if this year would just end, I think we'd all be okay"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<- Prev Next ->
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -