Brown Dactryx

Login or Register to find one!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next ->
VerpetsGhost
Official
0 posts
Originally posted by the user xXDarkRedXx, archived on Jan 13th 2012
I was just wandering what different opinions people have on this topic.

Should people who self-mutilate get help or should society just leave them be?

And before anyone asks, yes, I do cut myself.
Neon
User
502 posts
I won't even dignify this topic with a logical response.
C o n f i d e n t, C o c k y

t h e

C u b i c a l J o c k e y.

Dawn
User
1,425 posts
Why in the world would you not want to get help for a problem that can only hurt you?
Last edited, Jul 4th 2010 @ 10:53 pm

I HOPE YOU AREN'T EOSOPHOBIC. 8U
Pigeon
User
472 posts

Is this even a debate topic.

Cutting is stupid, it doesn't solve anything, all you're giving yourself is ugly scars that don't mean anything and take forever to go away.

If you want to lose blood, go donate some rather than wasting it watching yourself bleed out. If you want the pain, idk, go out and get in a scuffle.

And honestly, it's your own personal choice.
Azazel
User
4,924 posts
If you do it out of self pity/want to die.. Well, then you REALLY NEED HELP.

Like blood? Donate it.

Like pain? Um.. .. good for you?

"Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka." — Jim Butcher (Dresden Files: Changes)
Sheer
User
456 posts
Cutting is a way for angsty teens to get noticed.
And hopefully that helps them to get therapy.

But, if you want to make yourself bleed to death, be my guest. Less worthless people in the world.

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”
VerpetsGhost
Official
0 posts
Originally posted by the user xXDarkRedXx, archived on Jan 13th 2012
@Sheer: Cutting is not always a reason to get noticed. Telling someone who has serious problems with self-mutilation that they should die because their worthless is one of the most heartless things I've ever head. And why the **** do you get to decide who's worthless and who's not?

@Pigeon: Cutting realeases endorphins and does do something. It helps some people with their problems, at least for a few moments. "You can't knock it until you've tried it."
Minnie
User
87 posts
I know a lot of people who have suffered from depression. I know a few people who would cut. Obviously there isn't anything good about cutting. It doesn't solve anything in the long run and in the end don't you just have emotional scars and physical ones? I think it is desperation and that anyone who cuts needs to seek out help. While I totally believe in independence/ not pushing beliefs on others, if I found out someone I loved was harming themselves I would want to help them stop if I could D:.
matratcupcake
User
2,036 posts
Cutting is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. Go donate that blood that your cutting out of your veins. Besides, cutting can kill you from blood lost and cutting major ariteles. Go seek help.

Cutting realeases endorphins and does do something. It helps some people with their problems, at least for a few moments. "You can't knock it until you've tried it."
So your saying we should all try cutting before we tell people its wrong? All people that feel desperred should go cut?
Hey listen, hey listen, like a boss, on a boat, the game. 8D
Pigeon
User
472 posts

Cutting realeases endorphins and does do something. It helps some people with their problems, at least for a few moments. "You can't knock it until you've tried it."

I know, I used to cut myself too. It clears things up for three seconds and you're back in the crap you were in. Now I've got ugly scars where I don't want them anymore.

Cutting doesn't help.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next ->
- Login or register to reply to join in on Verpets forum discussions! -